February 26, 2009

Independant Contracting

So I'm still looking for a job and I'm one week away from my MCTS (thunderous applause in the background) so to occupy my time I started doing repair / contract work again.

You know the routine... My computer's only 10 years old, I took it to best buy and they said, my kids never download anything, I was trying to clean my hard drive, ect. ect. ect.



So my biggest dilema is, how much? I know Best Buy has no qualms about lieing to customers and charging $70 to do nothing up to $250-$350 for average system restore or anti-virus installs, but I want to do better than that for the customers.

Right now I charge $20 per hour with a minimum 2 hour charge and a possible 10% discount for my church and school members. That seems a little low but how much is enough? Especially now that I'll be Microsoft Certified (all hail the mighty paper it is printed on).

If anyone out there has any suggestions for a pricing plan that works or has worked in the past, I'd love to hear your input.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hows your MCTS cert. working out for ya... Not as good as you thought huh?

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you got your cert. or did you get ripped off like everyone told you so...

Hex Converter

Hex To ASCII Converter

Hex:
Ascii:

 

Integer to Byte converter


This is a tool to practice converting between decimal and binary representations. After you have practiced for a while and feel that you know how to do the conversions, take the quiz.
Decimal number to convert:
Binary representation:


Binary number to convert:
Decimal representation: